The Lead Infrastructure Analyst role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house data, video, security and wireless network services. This is achieved by architecting, deploying and managing secure technical solutions for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), Internet, Data Center, DR (disaster recovery) and remote facilities. In addition, the Lead Infrastructure Analyst will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware and software, security appliances and software and data communications links. This individual will analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Responsibilities will include:
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for network access, firewalls, VPNs, routing, switching, wireless, LAN and WAN technologies, in the Data Center, remote facilities and for DR. Help project teams comply with IT policies and standards, federal regulations, and best practices.
- Research, design and advocate new technologies, architectures, and security solutions for operations and EQT Disaster Recovery initiatives in a manner that is consistent with both industry best practices.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for disaster recovery architecture and solutions.
- Research, design and advocate new technologies, architectures, and security solutions to safeguard all EQT’s systems in a manner that is consistent with both industry best practice for critical infrastructure protection as well as security requirements of EQT’s customers and business partners.
- Assist in the security of industrial control systems, such as PLCs, RTUs, HMIs, and radio and satellite telecommunication, as well as common ICS network protocols, such as Modbus, OPC, and DNP3. Help project teams comply with IT security policies and standards, federal regulations, and industry best practices.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and deploy network and security hardware and software including but not limited to; LANs, WANs, wireless networks, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, appliances, firewalls, controllers, VPNs and other hardware and software as required for Data Center, DR, and remote facilities as required.
- Conduct research on network and security products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Partner and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network and security products and services.
- Partner in the deployment, configuration and integration of security technologies for the computing and network environment, including but not limited to intrusion detection and prevention, vulnerability management, network flow monitoring and digital forensics technologies.
- Configure networks to ensure smooth and reliable operations for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Ensure network incidents are fully documented and communicated to stakeholders and management and recovered on a timely basis.
- Strictly adhere to departmental Change Management practices and policies.
- Proactively monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Research network security threats and advise senior management on techniques for mitigating risk associated with these threats relative to the deployed infrastructure
- Develop and maintain written plans and procedures for operating and safeguarding EQT’s network and data systems.
- Participate in the execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration testing and security audits of network environments.
- On a project basis, manage activities of other team members Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, electrical engineering or related field or commensurate years of work experience.
- A minimum of 6 years experience as a Lead Infrastructure Analyst required.
- Certifications in Cisco routing and switching preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation.
- Proven experience with network security hardware and software including Cisco Nexus, Cisco ISE and Cisco ASA firewalls
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows, Unix and Cisco IOS.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including Cisco routers, switches, ASA, TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP,DHCP, DNS, MPLS, Frame-Relay and VPN
- Strong hardware & software troubleshooting experience.
- Application support experience using various networking tools and interaction with application owners.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Experience in Energy and/or Utility industry is preferred.
- Experience of industrial control systems, such as PLCs, RTUs, HMIs, and radio and satellite telecommunication, as well as common ICS network protocols, such as Modbus, OPC, and DNP3 preferred
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail and strong sense of ownership
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Able to conduct research into issues, new technologies, and products.
- Ability to present ideas in business and user terms.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
This position requires being on-call 24x7 to respond to network incidents on a rotating basis with other team members
There will be an expectation of periodic travel to other EQT locations to perform assigned job responsibilities. EQT currently operations in PA, WV, VA, OH, KY and TX.
EQT Corporation and its subsidiaries is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer -- M/F/Disability/Veteran